Girl missing someone


You would think by now ,
i would know my way around ,
i shouldn't miss you so badly ,
i should be on familiar ground.
how many more lonely years ,
must meander by ,
until i learn the lesson ,
it does no good to cry.
what manner of iron will ,
must some people possess ,
to be always looking forward ,
to never accept regress.
perhaps if i was willing ,
to let someone take me by the hand ,
they could show me a happy place ,
in this unfamiliar land.
perhaps I'm only homesick ,
for all the joys that once were mine ,
i must accept that they and you ,
belong to another place and time.
but i know that deep within my heart ,
there's a place where only you reside ,
and when the pain of loneliness comes ,
it knows that is where i hide.
so if sometimes it seems to you ,
I'm clinging to the past ,
it's mostly because i can't yet accept ,
that our love didn't last.
no matter how hard i try ,
I've yet to get over you ,
for the part of that's still alive ,
believes you love me too.
maybe there will come a day ,
when that part will finally die ,
and feeling strong with a heart reborn ,
a new love i will finally try.
and what a splendid day that will be ,
when i awaken to discover ,
I'm happily learning a great new land ,
with a great new friend and lover.

No comments:

  © Blogger templates Artistic Edge 2009

Back to TOP